Friday, March 1, 2013

Model Interview with Lisja Swauncy

Model Name: Lisje Swauncy 
Location: Memphis, TN


What made you get into modeling?
 I'm a girl with a full group of guy friends. They're all musicians and have cultivated their craft into a music production company (#GroovCliq). I play saxophone but music really is not what I want to do. I honestly just started looking for my place within the group to not only better their careers and help their dreams but find my own voice in media as well. Modeling is that voice for me. I've always loved captivating images; there is something really beautiful about a girl that can say a thousand words with just one look and pose. I'm working towards being that girl and creating that type of inspiration. I finally found my place where I can do me and link up with them at the same time.

How long have you been into it? Four Years

What are some of your hobbies? Music, reading, tweeting and cross country running.

How do you view the industry? Simplest put: It's a hard knock life. The industry is definitely not for the weak-hearted. You have everyone scrutinizing every flaw in your body and face; while simultaneously having to weed through photographers that love their craft as much as you do verses the ones who just want to snap a sexy picture of a sexy girl. In the days of Instagram where anyone with a big booty and a weave is a "model" and anyone with an I-phone is a "photographer"; the fakeness is real. At the same time; when you link up with people who are actually serious; magic happens. The creative energy from the hard-workers is so real; it's beyond beautiful. I wish there was more spotlight for us and less attention on the posers. Its a struggle and an uphill climb; but I love it enough to push through.

You have anyone in mind you want to work with next model etc.?
I really love Goddess Chee. I'd love for me, her and a few other girls to hit a really hot "Memphis Models" shoot. Something classy and sexy and upscale; vogue type stuff. I also really want to work with Adarryl Jackson. He's the only photographer on my "Must shoot with in Memphis" list that I have yet to work with. He does some GREAT natural scenery work. He's that photographer I want to go out into an open field with and just go ham with nature. That'd be dope.

Who are some of your favorite designers? Elizabeth Mclean of Square Rooted Noodle is a local designer from Nashville who I ADORE! Her clothes are edgy and simple at the same time. She does crazy things like turns pants into skirts. She's seriously the only person I know that can make that work. I love designers who design things that are different; yet wearable in everyday life. Her swimwear line is seriously to die for and I live for her new dress designs. (I secretly stalk her FB page for new work haha). She even designs jewelry out of recycled material. I once saw a necklace she did made totally out of paperclips. It was so hot you didn't even notice they were paperclips. That takes talent. I love that.

Where can we find you online?
I mainly tweet so @_ItzDutchess. I try to follow everyone back and reply to mentions and stuff. Don't DM me for my number though. Not cool. Most of my pictures are posted on my FB fanpage: Facebook.com/LisjeSwauncy. I do a bit of tumbling as well: LisKis.Tumblr.Com

What is something you willing to share with your readers that they might not know about you? I'm rather religious. It probably doesn't seem that way from the lingerie pictures but I take my relationship with God serious and am heavy into ministry Specifically ministering to young people. I also do a lot of work with Memphis Urban Debate League. Debate has been a really big part of my life and I love bringing the art of it to young people. It is really awesome to watch the kids grow as speakers and thinkers. There is so much scholarship money and life skill in the art of debate. Memphis Youth need that opportunity.

Anything you want to add before we close out?
It really is an honor to work with you; I have been following your photography career for a good while and you really are one of the best in the city. Thanks for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment