Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Music Interview with Crown Vega

Music Interview with Crown Vega

What made you realize that music was your path?
The first time I spit freestyle in middle school. If someone during lunch time started beating on the table it was bound to be a flow coming so always had to get mine in.

How would you describe the music that you typically create?
Its Rap/ Hip Hop. I can go from commercial to gangster, club to street. I try not to limit myself but I let the music from the instrumental inspire my writing. I was brought up in the hood but I always saw past that...I like to make songs that can be heard and someone can relate to it or it will paint a certain picture in their mind, give them a vision.

Who are your biggest musical influences?
Well the old DJ Paul and Spanish Fly tapes from back in the day got me started. I always rep the hometeam 8 Ball and MJG but as I gained more exposure it went to Nas, LL Cool J, Big Daddy Kane to Ice-T and NWA. Some of my favorite artists in Ludacris because of his versatility, Nas with his story telling and Twista or Tech N9ne w/ the Rapid fire flow that I first heard from Memphis own Skinny Pimp.

What makes your music unique?
It's me and what I feel. I have my own commanding voice and I don't try to do what every other artist is doing or what they are not. I make records that move me and that's relative. I also put my best in every song and not just make album fillers...those records made me lose love for some artist b/c they stopped putting their heart into it and did just enough to put something out.

Has there been one particular moment in your musical career that you’re most proud of?
My first performance at Juneteenth in Memphis at Douglass Park. Just the reaction from the people during and after my performance was so uplifting and motivating to continue what I do. It's what I love to do but when you get positive feedback it is always more inspiring to push forward.

Who would you like to work with in the near future?
Whomever want to cut me a check, lol. Seriously though one artist for sure is Juicy J. He is a home town living legend and he still doing it.

What’s next for you?
I'm currently in the process of releasing a 4 song EP and I have an upcoming album/mixtape, Concrete that I am putting the finishing touches on.

How can we find you?
Google Crown Vega and I'm there lol, seriously. But on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook Im under Crown Vega
I am also on www.reverbnation.com/crownvega and I have a Crown Vega YouTube channel for booking, feature or music and entertainment services email me @ crownvegamusic@gmail.com

Anything you want to add before closing out?
Yea, no matter what it is you want to do in life the only thing that can stop you is yourself, and in accomplishing your goals always try to out do your best. You are your competition!

2 comments: