Thursday, July 9, 2015

Model Interview with Lena Janelle


Model/Name Lena Janelle
Location Memphis, TN

What made you get into modeling/fashion? I’ve always been into the fashion industry and that is what I attended school for, but Fashion Moguls Memphis (UofM Registered Student Organization) and CandyLand Modeling Company pushed me to pursue modeling.

How long have you been into it? Roughly 3 years.

What are some of your hobbies? Sewing, Reading, Church, and spending time with family.

How do you view the industry? As an open door, full of opportunities ready to be claimed. I am dedicated to claiming as many opportunities as I can in this industry.

You have anyone in mind you want to work with next model etc.? I am traveling to New York shortly so I am in search of open calls and auditions for some great companies, photographers, etc.

Who are some of your favorite designers? Christian Louboutin, CoCo Chanel, Betsy Johnson.

Where can we find you online? www.lenajanelle.weebly.com

What are some of your inspirations? Tyra Banks of course! I grew up watching ANTM and I have always loved her. And Tracee Ellis Ross, because she is such an outgoing and funny person.

What is a typical day for you? Wake up, Pray, and either work on my computer tasks or sew.

When not working and at the house what you lay around in? My 31:22 Boutique tees, designed by yours truly.

Who is your favorite NFL team? I grew up a die-hard St. Louis Rams fan, being from Illinois, but my husband turned me into a Seattle Seahawks fan when we got married. So I cheer for both, unless they are playing on another.

What is the sexiest thing about you in your eyes? My hair. Because it is so free and bold.

When people first meet you what do they look at first? This is a toss up between my hair and my clothes because most of the time, both stands out!

When you were growing up what did you always wanted to be? As a young child, a veterinarian, but after my first sewing class, I knew I wanted to be a designer and have my own boutique. And I accomplished part of my goal, with my online boutique.

If you could shoot anyplace in the world where would it be? Bora Bora, I have seen countless amazing views in pictures and it is on my bucket list. It is absolutely breathtaking! The serenity, the beauty, the nature.

What is something you willing to share with your readers that they might not know about you? I am very, very serious about my walk as a Christian. Which is why I have several boundaries in my modeling career, but I trust God will open the correct doors for me without having to compromise my boundaries.

Anything you want to add before we close out?
 As mentioned a couple time previously, I do have my own online boutique. 31:22 Boutique caters to those who are looking for “Modestly, Chic apparel.” When I got saved a few years back, I struggled to find clothes that were “appropriate” and “not ugly,” to say the least. This is what fueled the mission for 31:22 Boutique; to provide others with the solution for a problem I knew many of us fashionable Christians ran into every shopping trip.

What does 31:22 Boutique offer? We carry Christian tees, custom apparel, hand-selected vintage, and repurposed clothing. Our website is currently under construction but you can still visit us at www.thirtyone22.bigcartel.com for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment