Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Music Interview with Yung Taz

Music Interview

=============


What made you realize that music was your path?
I have always loved music. I grew up in a family owned gospel record store called "CHAMBERS' TOTAL GOSPEL CENTER” and have been around music all of my life. My true passion has always been writing; I started out writing short stories and poems and in 8th grade wrote my first "rap" and got so much love and feedback from it just spitting rhymes at the lunch table cyphers I decided to set up a home studio and record mixtapes and that’s when I really realized that I had a gift and talent for music.


How would you describe the music that you typically create?
I tend to create "unique" music. I try to find a certain topic and creatively tell a story using imagery ,and figurative language to paint a picture of my song in the minds of the listeners whether it be "hip hop" pop" r&b etc. as long as it is "good music".


Who are your biggest musical influences?
Chris J, Bone Thugs n Harmony, Ray Charles, Ludacris, Field mob, The Canton Spirituals, Eminem, Genesis the grey kid .


What makes your music unique?
What makes my music unique is the level of thought or creativity I put into a song I try my best to think outside the box and have fun with my music! I believe music is what "feelings sound like.


Has there been one particular moment in your musical career that you’re most proud of?
My proudest moment so far was winning "BET" 106& park wild out Wednesday competition (march 24, 2010) and then a 2nd time in the southern hip hop all star competition (Aug 26,2010).


Who would you like to work with in the near future?
I would love to work with Anita Baker, Yo Gotti, Eminem, Rihanna, Beyonce, Timbaland, Jo’zzy Donald, missy Elliot, Kris O, just to name a few but any artist willing to collaborate I’m always open to.


What’s next for you?
I am currently working on several mix-tapes and have been consulting with labels in hopes of landing a deal and promising career in the music industry.


How can we find you?
http://www.yungtaz.com/, www.facebook.com/yungtazmusic, REVERB, twitter and instagram @yungtaz901 , and youtube.com/yungtazmusic


Anything you want to add before closing out?
I WOULD LOVE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THE CONTINUED SUPPORT ON THIS MUSICAL JOURNEY AND LOOK FORWARD TO BIG THINGS TO COME. GOD BLESS

Patrick C Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment